Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My dad and husband love oatmeal. This is one of their favorites and it is so easy. I put it together at night and we wake up to a hot, steaming bowl of hearty, delicious oatmeal.
Top Review by sugarpea
I soaked the oats in 3cups water and 1cup apple juice on the stovetop overnight and then finished it in 5 minutes the next morning, adding the remaining ingredients. I like chewey fruit.
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup snipped dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- brown sugar or maple syrup
- chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the water, oats, apple juice, cranberries, raisins, apricots, 1/4 cup maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt to a 4-quart slow-cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Serve with brown sugar or additional maple syrup, chopped nuts and milk.