Recipe by FloridaNative
Three rich and luscious fruits flavor a soft, mellow cheese blend that is rolled in toasted almonds. From "Christmas Cooking From the Heart by BHG". Chill time is not included in prep or cook time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I tripled this recipe since I wanted enough logs to add to 6 holiday gift bags I'm assembling, & these should make a very nice addition to all that's going into each bag, at least that's what my own little taste test told me! Assembling all these great ingredients was easy & enjoyable! Thanks for a very tasty keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday]
- 1⁄2 cup snipped dried apricot
- 1⁄3 cup snipped golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup snipped pitted dates
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- whole grain cracker
- apple, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl soak apricots, raisins, and dates in enough hot water to cover for about 30 minutes or until softened. Drain well; set aside.
- Meanwhile, place Monterey Jack cheese and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add orange juice to cheeses in bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Stir in drained apricots, raisins, dates, and salt.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Shape one portion of the cheese mixture into a log about 5 inches long. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture.
- Cover (with wax paper or plastic wrap) and chill logs for 4 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, roll each log in toasted almonds.
- Serve with assorted crackers and/or apple slices.
- NOTE: TO TOAST ALMONDS.
- Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until pieces are golden brown, stirring once or twice.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for up to 4 weeks.