Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something just a bit different. Summer in a tall glass to sip and enjoy. This recipe is a collaboration between myself and my dear friend Baby Kato.
- 5 cups coconut water
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1 cup pureed mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄3 cup malibu pineapple rum
- In a large bowl combine coconut water, lime juice, sugar, mango and rum . Stir until sugar is well dissolved. Cover and chill for at least 4.
- To serve, transfer to a pitcher. Serve in tall glasses over ice cubes.
Absolutely delicious! I made it without the alcohol in a pitcher, then just added the pineapple rum by the glass so everyone could enjoy it whether they imbibe or not. I buy those frozen fruit pulps so that make this so easy and convenient to make.
So Fantastically GOOD! It was good without the Malibu coconut rum, but when it was added it went over the top good! This is a drink I most definitely will be making for when I have guests over and it's ever so easy to put together. Even if you don't want to use the rum, like I said, it's just as good without it, but I can see how adding a touch of cream of coconut could substitute for the rum. I can also see how this drink could adapt to using pineapple instead of mango if you so choose. Thanks a million Annacia for a WINNER!