Hearty stew that goes well with a thick slice of crusty bread
Make and share this Fruited Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (6 ounce) can water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup apricot, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into quarter inch dice
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas (for color) (optional)
- In large saucepan over medium-high heat combine broth, water, tomato paste and seasonings
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 25-30 minutes until chicken and squash are cooked through.