Recipe by Miz Mary
[Yield: 36 pieces] This is great finger food for a reception. Salad is best made in advance and rolls are best filled the day of use. The 2 hour cooking time is for the salad to marinate. Service tip: line service platter with mini muffin cups. Place filled roll half directly into that cup and it won't roll around or leak through on the platter.
- 18 silver-dollar rolls
- 1 rotisserie cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 (2 ounce) can water chestnuts, drain & mince
- 2 ounces slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup dried mango
- 1⁄2 cup celery, strung & minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 crisp apple, seeded and diced
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup bland vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin chicken and pull or chop the meat into bits. Chop dried fruit, and mix all ingredients together.
- Reserve zest. Microwave halved, zested fruit before juicing. Remove pits from juice. Combine all but the oil and zest in blender or food processor (or whisk this together) and blend while adding oil in a steady steam. Mix in grated zest after dressing emulsifies.
- Pour over salad, and let marinate at least 2 hours in refrigerator. Adjust seasoning of salad before filling rolls.
- Serve stuffed into halved, hollowed silver dollar rolls. Will fill about 18 rolls. Holds well on a buffet.