Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Try this for a light, refreshing lunch treat. Cook time is chilling time.
Make and share this Fruited Chicken Salad (No Grapes) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut in cubes
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground marjoram
- Combine chicken, celery, oranges, pineapple and almonds. Chill thoroughly.
- Blend together mayonnaise, salt and marjoram. Add to chicken mixture.
- Toss together lightly to coat all ingredients.
- Serve on crisp lettuce leaves or sandwich between slices of raisin bread.
So refreshing! This is one of the best chicken salads that I've ever eaten. Just the right amount of "fruitiness." I added some chopped green onion, but otherwise no changes were made. Thanx for sharing this. I'm going to make this a lot.