This recipe is for a crowd. I haven't made it yet - so I am saving it here so I can find it when I need it! If you try this recipe before I do - please let me know if there should be any changes! Times are approximate.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 20 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 cups cooked rice
- 8 cups green seedless grapes, halves
- 4 cups sliced celery
- 4 (15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 4 cups mayonnaise or 4 cups salad dressing
- 7 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 TBSP of juice.
- Combine pineapple and the next 6 ingredients.
- Combine mayonnaise, concentrate, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; toss with chicken mixture.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Add almonds just before serving.