Recipe by steven
This is a great chicken salad recipe adapted from "Eating for Life" by Bill Phillips.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken, chopped (2 portions)
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, chilled, halved
- 1⁄2 cup green seedless grape, chilled, halved
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby romaine leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or 2 tablespoons walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine chicken, red and green grapes, apple, mayonaise, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Place baby romaine leaves on 2 small plates. Divide chicken salad mixture into 2 portions and spoon onto lettuce. Sprinkle each salad with half the chopped pecans or walnuts.