Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
BHG Dinnertime Express
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup dried cherries or 1 cup dried apricot
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely snipped
- soft cracker bread rounds or 4 (7 -8 inch) flour tortillas
- 4 slices prosciutto (very thin slices) or 4 slices cooked ham (very thin slices)
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
- orange slice (optional)
- In a small saucepan bring orange juice to boiling. Stir in dried fruit; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, about 15 minutes or until fruit is softened. Drain. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together cream cheese, sour cream, and basil.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over once side of each cracker bread. Sprinkle with softened fruit. Place some of the prosciutto near an edge of each round. Starting from edge closest to meat, tightly roll up into a spiral. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, cut each roll into 1-inch slices. If desired, garnish with basil leaves and orange slices.