Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed (optional)
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shred
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- walnuts, chopped
- cherries (for garnish)
- Soak apricots in 1 c water for 2 hours.
- Drain and chop.
- Blend cheeses.
- Add remaining ingredients, fruits last, mixing thoroughly in between.
- Turn out onto sheet of foil and shape into 9" log or 2 large balls.
- Wrap securely and chill until firm.
- Roll in chopped nuts, cover again in foil and refrigerate 24 hours before serving (may be frozen).