Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really refreshing salad with lots of texture.
- 1⁄2 medium green cabbage
- 1⁄4 medium red cabbage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 medium sweet melon, cubed
- 1 pineapple, cubed
- 3 yellow cling peaches, sliced
- 4 tablespoons seedless raisins
- 3 tablespoons large peanuts
- 250 ml thick mayonnaise, homemade when possible
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 ml vegetable oil
- 1 dash vinegar (optional) or 1 dash milk (optional)
- Wash, dry and shred cabbage.
- Place in a wooden salad bowl and add salt and pepper.
- Add fruit to cabbage and sprinkle with raisins and nuts.
- Blend mayonnaise with cream, pour over salad and mix gently.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Blend egg yolks with wine vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sea salt and freshly milled black pepper.
- Add vegetable oil, drop by drop.
- Then add olive oil in a steady stream then vegetable oil, beating constantly.
- When thickened, check seasonings.
- If you need to thin a mayonnaise add vinegar or milk.
- Store in a tightly closed glass jar in a refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.