Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
a nice chicken dish with pineapple, tomato sauce, and mandarin oranges.
Make and share this Fruited Barbecue Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and oranges in slow cooker.
- Stir well, then add chicken breast pieces.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- When you have 10-15 minutes before it is done, stir in oranges, and serve.
Another solid go to recipe for my crock pot. The tomato and pineapple form a fruity sauce which is not too sweet and would please both kids and adults. I would have liked just a more twang or spice, perhaps achieved with a little more vinegar or maybe through the addition or ginger, pepper flakes or both. Served mine with brown rice and steamed spinach. Made for the Summer Spectacular.
Made this as written & it gave 2 of us a second meal very nicely served over a combo of brown rice & green peas ~ GREAT TASTING MEALS, they were! A nice combination of flavors in the sauce, too, & I especially liked the fruit in this (but then, I'm one of those who likes fruit in lots of dishes) ! Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game]