Recipe by weekend cooker
a nice chicken dish with pineapple, tomato sauce, and mandarin oranges.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Another solid go to recipe for my crock pot. The tomato and pineapple form a fruity sauce which is not too sweet and would please both kids and adults. I would have liked just a more twang or spice, perhaps achieved with a little more vinegar or maybe through the addition or ginger, pepper flakes or both. Served mine with brown rice and steamed spinach. Made for the Summer Spectacular.
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained