Recipe by KLHquilts
I got this from my mother; this is from a yellowed, crumbling magazine insert, so who knows where it came from, or how old it is! (Could go back to the late 1960s.)
Top Review by Karabea
This was delicious and it seemed like such a fancy dish! I used regular raspberry preserves because that is what I had no hand, but next time I would definitely use seedless. I also used yellow onion instead of red onion. I served this with white rice and broccoli. Thank you for posting, I will make this again!
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry preserves or 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄3 cup peach preserves or 1⁄3 cup blackberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Sprinkle onion with thyme and 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- Add chicken to pan; saute 6 minutes on each side, or until done. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add 1/4 teaspoons salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper to pan, stirring constantly until preserves melt. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.