Recipe by Annacia
Not a big fan of making fruitcake but love the taste? Then, try out this "recipe" for a Fruitcake Holiday Drink. All the flavor and none of the hassle. Your guests will think you are brilliant and creative for making it and it will go over well at any holiday gathering.
Top Review by queenbeatrice
Gotta love this one. It is so good. The clove and sugar rim make your tongue and lips tingle, lol. And, the almond and orange flavor make it taste so much like fruit cake!! I'm sipping on this in late June and I'm thinking Xmas ;) Thanks for sharing this keeper.
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1⁄2 ounce Amaretto
- 1⁄2 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- candied fruit, peel (for garnish)
- crystallized ginger (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Simply, mix the sugar and ground cloves together in a saucer.
- Moisten a rim of a chilled cocktail glass with a cut lemon and spin in the sugar-clove mixture.
- Shake the other ingredients well with some cracked ice in your cocktail shaker and then strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with candied fruit peel and crystalized ginger. Yum!