Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great make ahead dessert from Kelloggs website that is best made at least one week before serving. After cooling, wrap carefully and store in airtight container at room temperature. Instead of using cooking spray to prepare the pan, I used Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!). It's a terrific pan release mixture to keep on hand for greasing pans for everything like cakes, muffins, and even casseroles too.
- Stir together cereal, flour and baking powder.
- Add fruits, mixing until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Stir in fruit mixture and nuts.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray (or use pan release recipe #78579).
- Press lightly to distribute fruits evenly.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 1-1/2 inch squares.
- Decorate with additional fruits and nuts, if desired.
- Store in airtight container.
With one exception, I followed this recipe right on down, but used dried pineapple instead of the candied, & the nuts used were almonds! Made 11 days before we tried them, THESE ARE A WONDERFUL TREAT, but then, we really enjoy fruitcake! I put them out on the counter for one of the monthly groups I host, & they were gone in no time! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]