Prep 0 mins
Cook 13 mins
I have not made these yet, but is on the menu for Christmas 2007. Borrowed from a book called Santa's Favorite Cookies. The picture in the book looks absolutely divine!
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml candied fruit, chopped coarse
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 591.47 ml flour, divided
- 177.44-236.59 ml coconut
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Combine candied fruit and walnuts in medium bowl. Stir 1/4 cup flour into fruit mixture. Add remaining 2 1/4 cups flour to butter mixture; beat at low speed until blended. Stir in fruit mixture with spoon.
- Shape dough into 2 logs, each about 2 inches in diameter and 5 1/2 inches long. Spread coconut evenly on sheet of waxed paper. Roll logs in coconut, coating evenly. Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight, or freeze up to 1 month (let frozen logs stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before slicing and baking).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. Cut logs into 1/4 inch thick slices; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
I loved these! I did forget to roll them into smaller logs... and I also forgot to roll them in coconut before freezing. Despite that, I still managed to make some awesome cookies! After I took the large log out of the freezer, I let it sit for a few minutes, then cut it in half lengthwise. I then rolled the outside in the coconut as best I could. I didn't put in the nuts due to family preference. We didn't miss them at all though. Next time I will make sure I read ALL the steps before proceeding. :) Thanks for sharing Mrs. M!