1/2 Photos of Fruitcake Slices
Mrs. Duncan Mahogany's Note:
I have not made these yet, but is on the menu for Christmas 2007. Borrowed from a book called Santa's Favorite Cookies. The picture in the book looks absolutely divine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- 2Combine candied fruit and walnuts in medium bowl. Stir 1/4 cup flour into fruit mixture. Add remaining 2 1/4 cups flour to butter mixture; beat at low speed until blended. Stir in fruit mixture with spoon.
- 3Shape dough into 2 logs, each about 2 inches in diameter and 5 1/2 inches long. Spread coconut evenly on sheet of waxed paper. Roll logs in coconut, coating evenly. Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight, or freeze up to 1 month (let frozen logs stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before slicing and baking).
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. Cut logs into 1/4 inch thick slices; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- 5Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruitcake Slices
Serving Size: 1 (835 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.8
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 29.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: