Recipe by tasb
This is from Company's Coming Cookie Cookbook. For some reason I don't like Fruitcake but I like these cookies.
Top Review by Diana #2
Quite a nice cookie. Especially for those like me, who are the only ones in the house that like fruitcake. People simply don't know what they are missing. :) I thinking I might reduce the candied fruit to one cup next time to get more 'batter'. Thanks for a great recipe. Better get these into the freezer *grin*...fast!
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup currants or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups mixed candied fruit, cut
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons brandy flavoring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure golden raisins, currants, candied fruit, pecans and 1/2 cup flour into bowl. Stir well to coat. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Add vanilla and brandy flavoring.
- Stir 1 cup flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together and add.
- Mix in fruit. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 325 F oven for 15-20 minutes.