Recipe by Zewbiedoo
These are really easy -- they're made with a boxed spice cake mix! My mom gave me this recipe.
Top Review by Ross R.
I didn't have a spice cake mix so I substituted a white cake mix and added cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. I added a ½ cup of chopped dates and ½ cup of chopped candied ginger. I held all the nuts because of allergies. The ginger really takes these up a notch. This recipe is a keeper!
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons water, if needed for easier mixing
- 1 cup mixed candied fruit, chopped
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Stir in chopped candied fruit and the chopped nuts. Drop with 1" cookie scoop (making walnut-sized balls) onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Makes about 40 cookies (or more).