Top Review by Retro Kali
I didn't care for this recipe. I followed it to the T, and found that by dredging the fruit mix in flour, that the raisins were white even after I baked them. It also did not contain enough sugar, and the final cookie came out very dry. Thanks anyway.
- 16 ounces candied pineapple, chopped
- 8 ounces cherries, red
- 8 ounces cherries, green candied,chopped
- 2 cups raisins, golden
- 4 cups pecans or 4 cups walnuts, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients; dredge with 1 cup flour, stirring well.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add egg yolks, mixing well.
- Dissolve soda in milk; add to creamed mixture.
- Add brandy, spices, and remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, mixing well.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff; fold into batter.
- Fold in fruit mixture.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.