Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe years ago in Southern Living magazine and make it every year.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 8 ounces mixed candied fruit
- 8 ounces chopped dates
- 4 ounces candied red cherries, chopped
- 4 ounces green glazed cherries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup white wine (may substitute milk, if desired)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture.
- Combine, pecans, fruit mix, dates and cherries; mix well.
- Dredge fruit mixture in reserved 1/2 cup flour mixture.
- Cream butter in a large bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with wine and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in fruit mixture.
- Drop dough by level teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Makes 4 dozen.