Recipe by CHRISSYG
Great recipe to actually CONSUME that fruitcake, instead of using it as a door stop! (cooking time is actually freezing time)
- 2 cups fruitcake (from one large loaf see alternate presentations)
- 1 1⁄2 quarts coffee ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a metal loaf pan, 9 by 5 by 3 inches, with plastic wrap, leaving a 3-inch overhang on all sides.
- Presentation #1:.
- Crumble fruitcake into a medium sized crumble.
- In a bowl stir together the crumbled fruitcake and the ice cream, spread the mixture into the loaf pan, and fold the plastic-wrap overhang over the top.
- Presentation # 2:.
- Layer icecream and slices of fruitcake in the loaf pan, starting with fruitcake and ending with fruitcake.
- Freeze the ice-cream mixture for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Unmold the terrine onto a serving dish and serve it sliced.