8 hrs 20 mins
Great recipe to actually CONSUME that fruitcake, instead of using it as a door stop! (cooking time is actually freezing time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fruitcake (from one large loaf see alternate presentations)
- 1 1/2 quarts coffee ice cream
- 1Line a metal loaf pan, 9 by 5 by 3 inches, with plastic wrap, leaving a 3-inch overhang on all sides.
- 2Presentation #1:.
- 3Crumble fruitcake into a medium sized crumble.
- 4In a bowl stir together the crumbled fruitcake and the ice cream, spread the mixture into the loaf pan, and fold the plastic-wrap overhang over the top.
- 5Presentation # 2:.
- 6Layer icecream and slices of fruitcake in the loaf pan, starting with fruitcake and ending with fruitcake.
- 7Freeze the ice-cream mixture for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 8Unmold the terrine onto a serving dish and serve it sliced.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruitcake & Coffee Ice Cream Terrine
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.8
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 75.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: