Recipe by ccferne
My mother's recipe. Much lighter, easier to make, and neater to serve than traditional fruitcake, but still festive.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (28 ounce) jar mincemeat (ready to use)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lb mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour & soda.
- Combine with remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread batter in a greased 10x15" jelly roll pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until center tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool on rack before cutting into 1x1 1/2" squares.