2 hrs 30 mins
Like mini-fruitcakes. Prep time includes cooling and frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract or 1 teaspoon brandy extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces pitted dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup candied fruit, chopped
- 1/2 cup candied red cherries, quartered
- 3/4 cup pecans or 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- candied cherry, for garnish (red and green)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (more if necessary)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch pan. (Or spray with nonfat cooking spray).
- 3In a small bowl, blend flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and eggs at medium speed until light and fluffy. Mix in rum or brandy extract.
- 5Stir in flour, dates, candied fruits, 1/2 cup cherries and nuts. Spread in prepared pan and bake 30 minutes until golden. Cool on wire rack, in pan.
- 6In the meantime, prepare the frosting by mixing together sugar and milk. Stir until smooth; then cover with a damp cloth until ready to use.
- 7When cake has cooled, frost, suing a spatula.
- 8Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars and decorate with red and green candied cherries. Store in a covered container, with pieces of wax paper between layers.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruitcake Bar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 58.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied red cherries