Prep 3 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe I got from my dear Aunt who has been gone for over 30 years now. People who don't like Fruitcake love this one. This is the best one I have ever eaten, my daughter Christine can eat a 2 pound cake by herself. This cake is very rich.
- Chop 1st four ingriedients.
- Mix eggs & sugar.
- mix flour with spices and baking powder.
- Layer cherries, sprinkle flour mixture, layer pecan.
- Layer pinapple, sprinkle flour mixture, layer pecans.
- Layer dates, sprinkle flour mixture layer pecans.
- Repeat layers till all used up.
- Pour egg and sugar mixture over fruit and nuts, mix well by hand.
- Line pans that are used with wax paper and packed with mixture and put in a 225* oven and bake till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool and pull wax paper off.
- Wrap cake in Saran Wrap.
- May put 1/2 cherries and whold pecans on top to decorate.
OUTSTANDING! Flavorful, moist and rich. I halved the recipe and baked it in two loaf pans. Cooking time at 225 was just under 3 hours. I can quit searching for a good fruitcake recipe. This just became MY Fruitcake recipe. Thanks for an oldie and goodie! :-)
I love this non-alcoholic version of this wonderful fruitcake. I personally loved the spice combination used so I doubled them. I also cut back the dates to 1/2 a pound and added a 1/2 a pound of raisins. LOVED IT!! Thank you so much for sharing! ~ Christy
Overcooked this cake,was dry and hardcrusted.Added banana brandy and covered..WOW !! super good now (hiccup)