Recipe by Chef Dudo
I fell for this recipe as it can be made into either a cake or into cupcakes.
Top Review by Studentchef
This was really good and easy to make. I really love the candied cherries and increased it to one full cup in this recipe. I also did the same for the raisins as well, which made for a much more filling cake. I gave this to one of my friends who gave me a small piece because she was on a diet and didn't want the whole cake, so I was abble to try a piece. I really enjoyed it and so did she.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch (12-cup) bundt or tube pan.
- Remove 2 tablespoons flour and mix with fruits and nuts.
- Sieve remaining flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large mixer bowl.
- Add butter, milk and flavoring.
- Blend on low to mix, then 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add eggs and beat 2 minutes more. Stir in floured fruit and nut mixture.
- Turn batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- For Cupcakes:.
- Prepare batter as above.
- Spoon into 24 large muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.