Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother-in-law tried these at an AgShow. She raved how good they are. I haven't tried them myself yet. They certainly sound hearty!
- 2 cups shredded shredded cored unpeeled apples
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, beaten at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix apples and sugar well.
- Add cranberries, carrots and nuts.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to apple mixture and stir well.
- Stir in eggs and oil.
- Mix gently, but thoroughly.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack.
Wonderful muffins!! I made these as written, except I don't care for cranberries, so I left them out and only made 1/2 of the recipe. Half of the recipe resulted in 9 normal size muffins. Once they cooled, I had one with a little bit of cream cheese and it was great. Next time I might even add some pineapple in place of the cranberries, yum!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2014.