Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great variation on a Eastern European Jewish Dessert or side dish.
Make and share this Fruit Tzimmes recipe from Food.com.
- Wash fruit in hot water; drain well.
- Combine fruit with rice, honey, seasonings and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer slowly until the rice is tender (about 20 minutes). If necessary, add a little water.
- Heat flour over medium heat in a small skillet until light brown, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Stir in butter.
- Slowly add water, stirring constantly. When smooth and thick, add to fruit mixture. Cook until the fruit liquid has thickened.
- Transfer to a casserole; brown lightly under the broiler flame for a few minutes.
- Serve hot as a dessert -- we serve it as a side dish with meat and poultry, also.