1/1 Photo of Fruit Truffles
1 hr 25 mins
Sam #3's Note:
Taken from the Heathy Cooking Sugar Free Cookbook. These delicous little cakes get all the sweetness they require from fresh bananas. Cooking time is chill time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop bananas into a large bowl and using a potato masher, mash until they are smooth.
- 2Mix in orange juice and rind. Stir in almonds, mixing well to blend evenly.
- 3Place the mixture in the fridge and chill 30 minutes.
- 4Using a sharp knife, finely chop the blanched almonds into small pieces.
- 5Mix the chopped almonds into the cocoa powder and place on a flat plate.
- 6Remove banana mixture from fridge and divide into 10 portions.
- 7Roll each portion into a small ball, using lightly floured hands.
- 8Roll each ball into the cocoa mixture, rolling each on evenly to give a good coating.
- 9Press gently before placing into small muffin papers and chilling 30 mins once again.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.9
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of