Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Taken from the Heathy Cooking Sugar Free Cookbook. These delicous little cakes get all the sweetness they require from fresh bananas. Cooking time is chill time
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1 orange, rind of
- 1 1⁄4 cups ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa
- Chop bananas into a large bowl and using a potato masher, mash until they are smooth.
- Mix in orange juice and rind. Stir in almonds, mixing well to blend evenly.
- Place the mixture in the fridge and chill 30 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, finely chop the blanched almonds into small pieces.
- Mix the chopped almonds into the cocoa powder and place on a flat plate.
- Remove banana mixture from fridge and divide into 10 portions.
- Roll each portion into a small ball, using lightly floured hands.
- Roll each ball into the cocoa mixture, rolling each on evenly to give a good coating.
- Press gently before placing into small muffin papers and chilling 30 mins once again.
These were pretty good. I think you could get creative use other things for the coating, like finely shredded coconut. I did one thing wrong though....I used my oldest (over-ripe) bananas. And I think it made it a bit too mushy because the truffles didn't hold their shape very well. But they were tasty. So I will make these again but will use fresh bananas so the truffles will retain their shape better. Thanks for sharing your recipe Sam. Made for "Please Review My Recipe" tag game.