Recipe by Santa Ed
This Trifle is simple to make and is always a hit. You can use whatever fruit is in season. I have used blueberries, bananas and peaches and sometimes will combine. In July will make it with blueberries and strawberries which show very patriotic in a Trifle Bowl.
- 2 (4 ounce) packages French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 1 angel food cake
- 2 pints strawberries
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jelly, seedless
- 1 teaspoon white rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and prep the fruit into bite size pieces. If I am using strawberries, I save several large ones to garnish the top of the Trifle.
- Slice the Angel Food Cake horizontally into three even layers.
- In a large bowl mix milk and pudding. Once the pudding thickens, add the Sour Cream and Orange Peel. Then fold in the Cool Whip.
- Mix the Raspberry Jelly and White Rum adjusting as necessary to finish with a substance that can brushed onto each layer of cake.
- In a Trifle Bowl, place the first layer of cake, brush the jam/rum mixture on then add 1/2 of the fruit and 1/2 of the pudding mixture. Repeat with the second layer. You should end up with pudding mixture on top.