Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is from the Pampered Chef. I make it anytime I am having company over and there is never any left when everyone leaves. It is easy and tastes great. You can experiment with different fruits too for some variety.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 ounces white chocolate baking squares (can be substituted) or 2 ounces white chocolate chips (can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 12 -16 strawberries (chopped or cut in half)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1⁄4 cup Hershey's syrup
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Press cookie dough into a ball, flatten and then on a floured pan roll into a 12-inch circle (should be about 1/4 inch thick).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (cookie will be soft).
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a bread knife or other long utensil, loosen cookie from pan then cool completely on the pan.
- Put white chocolate and milk in a small bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute-stir until the mixture is smooth and all the chocolate is melted.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar, making sure it is mixed well.
- Stir in white chocolate.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread Cool Whip mixture over the cookie.
- Sprinkle strawberries (if chopped) over the cool whip and arrange mandarin oranges.
- Melt chocolate and oil together then drizzle over the fruit-I usually just use chocolate syrup as it is easier and still tastes wonderful.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, cut like a pizza (for serving smaller groups) or into squares to make it stretch farther.