Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
From cookbook titled little ideas diabetes. This is listed as a breakfast dish but I think you could make it as a dessert as well.
- 4 peaches
- 100 g low-fat ricotta cheese (3 1/2 oz)
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (grated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices fruit bread (thick toast dense wholegrain)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stones.
- Combne the ricotta cheese, egg white, orange zest and vanilla and spoon the filling over the peaches.
- Place the peaches on a baking tray and cook under a grill (broiler) preheated to high for 3 to 5 minutes or until the peaches are soft and golden.
- Toast the fruit bread until crisp and golden and top with the peach halves and drizzle with the maple syrup and garnish with minto leaves if desired.
This turned out extremely good! I had it for breakfast and drizzled a little local blueberry syrup over the top...yum! I loved the citrus flavor, it was very refreshing. I would also serve the peaches over a waffle if you don't have the bread available. Made for PRMR.