Recipe by I'mPat
From cookbook titled little ideas diabetes. This is listed as a breakfast dish but I think you could make it as a dessert as well.
Top Review by Chef Jean
This turned out extremely good! I had it for breakfast and drizzled a little local blueberry syrup over the top...yum! I loved the citrus flavor, it was very refreshing. I would also serve the peaches over a waffle if you don't have the bread available. Made for PRMR.
- 4 peaches
- 100 g low-fat ricotta cheese (3 1/2 oz)
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (grated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 slices fruit bread (thick toast dense wholegrain)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stones.
- Combne the ricotta cheese, egg white, orange zest and vanilla and spoon the filling over the peaches.
- Place the peaches on a baking tray and cook under a grill (broiler) preheated to high for 3 to 5 minutes or until the peaches are soft and golden.
- Toast the fruit bread until crisp and golden and top with the peach halves and drizzle with the maple syrup and garnish with minto leaves if desired.