Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Light or non-fat cream cheese and sour cream can be used to lighten up this recipe. Cooking time includes cooling and setting time.
- 3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice, not instant
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- assorted sliced fresh fruit
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly
- To prepare crust, combine cooked rice, 1/4 cup sugar, beaten egg whites and cinnamon and then press into an 8-inch springform pan; bake at 350°F for 10 minutes; cool to room temperature.
- FILLING: Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a medium bowl; beat until light and fluffy; add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla; blend; spread over cooled rice crust; refrigerate until cream mixture has set.
- Remove spring mold pan sides before decorating.
- TOPPING: Arrange sliced fresh fruit in a decorative pattern on top of cooled mixture; use kiwis, strawberries, blueberries, sliced bananas dipped in lemon juice, fresh peaches, and raspberries, or your choice of fruit.
- Heat apple jelly until dissolved; brush jelly on top of the fruit.