Recipe by Krsi Sue
From the Azumaya Round Wrap package, which I use them all the time to make wontons, crab rangoon and pierogi, but this is a great fruity appetizer. Use whatever fresh fruit you want if you don't prefer kiwi, strawberries or raspberries.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 5 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 5 strawberries, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and place a round wrap in each cup. (the edges will be slightly ruffled).
- Lightly spray the top of each wrap with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden brown, about 6-7 minutes.
- Let shells cool and store in an airtight container until you are ready to use them.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan, stirring until blended.
- Combine egg yolks and milk and stir into the sugar mixture.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into individual shells.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fruit.