- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups fruit (ie. apples, blueberries, or raspberries)
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix margarine and shortening together; add sugar and blend well.
- Then add eggs, vanilla and almond extract.
- Beat at high speed for 3 minutes.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and add to the mixture.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter into a greased jelly roll pan. Set aside.
- Cook fruit in a sauce pan with the minute tapioca and sugar until the tapioca begins to thicken.
- Spread fruit filling on top of batter.
- Drop remaining batter on fruit filling by spoonfuls.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk then drizzle this frosting on top.