Recipe by FLUFFSTER
At the Camelback Inn, in the Arizona desert, they begin an impressive Yuletide dinner with this beautiful array of fruits; Pink Champagne poured over all just before being served. You don't need to wait for Christmas to try this, and you can make this even on an ordinary day and make it special.
Top Review by Mrs.Jack
WOW-this made a delightful dessert-and so pretty in my MIL's champagne coupes! I served the little ones the fruit w/ raspberry sherbet (and no champagne) and they said it reminded them of the candy-Sweet Tarts! The flavors give your taste buds something to think about and all of us loved it! I did not use dates. Thank you, Fluffster, for a great recipe! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008
- 1 pint strawberries or 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- 2 large grapefruits
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1 (26 fluid ounce) bottle pink champagne
- 1 (8 ounce) package pitted dates, halved or 1⁄2 lb fresh dates, pitted and halved
- 2 pints lemon sherbet
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash fresh strawberries; drain. Remove hulls; cut any large berries in half.
- Peel and section grapefruit and oranges. Refrigerate fruit until it is well chilled-about 2 hours. (if using frozen berries, thaw and drain).Also refrigerate champagne until ready to use.
- Combine fruit and dates in a large bowl; toss lightly. Arrange fruit mixture in 12 dessert dishes. Top each serving with a small scoop of lemon sherbet.
- Pour some of the champagne over each serving. Serve at once; add rest of champagne as needed.