Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe was in Better Homes and Gardens 99 Easy Recipes--another of those grocery store booklets! I thought they were so cute and would be perfect for those hot summer days.
Top Review by Mossymama
A great, simple way to make plain fruit a bit more appealing. Works great with picky, little kids. I used some strawberry jam that I warmed up and spooned over the top instead of the puree.
- 3⁄4 cup cut-up strawberry, hulled
- 3 cups fresh fruit, cut into chunks (Apples, bananas, cherries, plums, seedless red grapes, peaches, etc.)
- 6 giant waffle ice cream cones
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ascorbic acid (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cut-up strawberries in blender container; cover and blend until smooth.
- Place the 3 cups of assorted fruit in a bowl, toss with asorbic acid to prevent darkening if desired.
- Spoon fruit into cones and drizzle with strawberry puree, sprinkle with toasted coconut.