Recipe by Aimchick
I got this idea from a cooking show and made it for a 10 year old birthday party. The kids LOVED it and I even had to cut up the base of it so they could eat that too!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut both cantaloupes in half and remove the seed.
- Take one cantaloupe half and place flat side down on a cutting board and remove skin with a sharp knife. This will become the base.
- Using a melon baller or mini ice cream scoop, make melon balls out of the watermelon and remaining 3 cantaloupe halves.
- Cut stems from tops of strawberries.
- Leaving 2 inches at the bottom, skewer 6 or 7 melon balls on each with alternating colors.
- Cap the end of each skewer with a strawberry.
- Stick the skewer into the peeled cantaloupe base.
- Repeat until fruit is gone.