1/1 Photo of Fruit Sunburst
I got this idea from a cooking show and made it for a 10 year old birthday party. The kids LOVED it and I even had to cut up the base of it so they could eat that too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut both cantaloupes in half and remove the seed.
- 2Take one cantaloupe half and place flat side down on a cutting board and remove skin with a sharp knife. This will become the base.
- 3Using a melon baller or mini ice cream scoop, make melon balls out of the watermelon and remaining 3 cantaloupe halves.
- 4Cut stems from tops of strawberries.
- 5Leaving 2 inches at the bottom, skewer 6 or 7 melon balls on each with alternating colors.
- 6Cap the end of each skewer with a strawberry.
- 7Stick the skewer into the peeled cantaloupe base.
- 8Repeat until fruit is gone.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Sunburst
Serving Size: 1 (593 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g