Recipe by Shahana
Slightly sweet juicy pork that is great for company or for weekday dinner.
Top Review by rumpie1
This is AMAZING! I have made this recipe twice now, and I would make it 100 times more. The only change I made was using all dried fruit and not soaking it - it totally works great without doing the soaking. I served the pork with roasted potatoes (made during the last 20 minutes when the roast was out), and honey glazed carrots and parsnips! SO YUMMY!
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 small apple, peeled and cored
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place dried fruit mix in bowl and add boiling water.
- Set aside to rehydrate.
- Trim all fat and silverskin from tenderloin.
- Slit tenderloin lengthwise (not quite all the way through) making a pocket for the stuffing.
- Sprinkle the inside with salt and pepper.
- Drain the fruit mix.
- Peel and core the apple and mix with fruit and place in meat pocket.
- Tie the meat with cord at 1-1 1/2 inch intervals.
- Place meat in 13x9x2 ungreased pan and roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350F and roast for 20 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 1/2 - 1 inch slices and serve.