Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
this is a delicious pork roast cooked in a slow cooker, with wonderful fruit flavors, and excellent seasonings.
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- Place pork on cutting board, and cut horizontally through center of pork almost to the opposite side. Open pork like a book.
- Layer dried fruits and onion flakes in opening, and bring halves of pork together and tie at 1 inch intervalswith kitchen twine.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, thyme, cinnamon, and black pepper and rub into roast.
- Place roast in skillet with oil and brown roast on all sides.
- Place roast in slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray and pour apple cider in bottom of cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours . Partially cool before slicing.
Had a great time fixing this roast ~ Followed the ingredients & directions, then served up a little less than half the roast, but put the rest of it back in the crock pot to cook another three hours or so! When that was done I shredded the pork for other uses (along with all the great dried fruit & seasonings)! Am already seeing myself serving some of the shredded meat (with some additional dried fruit sauce) over brown rice & veggies! Anyway, the taste of the stuffed pork roast was OUTSTANDING & the recipe a definite keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag cooking game]