This is for a diversified rotary diet. The fruit ingredient and sweetener should match whatever day you're on. For instance, on day 3 of our diet, we could use peach pulp and honey or rice syrup to make this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fruit, pulp
- 1 tablespoon unbleached cane sugar or 1 tablespoon molasses or 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon agave nectar or 1 tablespoon maple sugar or 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup or 2 tablespoons date sugar or 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 1 tablespoon agar-agar flakes or 1/4 teaspoon agar, powder
- 1Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes (or about a minute longer if the sweetener you used was liquid, like honey, molasses or agave nectar.).
- 3Chill and then pour into an airtight, glass container.
- 4Store in the refrigerator for 3 weeks.
- 5This is not a jelly that should be canned or jarred in the traditional sense. It's just for making and then using within 3 weeks.
- 6If you are on a rotation diet and you make this, you should only use it every 4 days because of the agar. Even if you used different fruits, you'd be having agar every day. No bueno.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Spread
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: