Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful moist and rich cake. If you like to can peaches in the summer this is perfect for you. It is a good way to use up old bottled fruit. Requires no eggs!
- 1 quart canned fruit, with juice (I like peaches)
- 1 cup oil
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
- Blend fruit with the juice in blender.
- In a large bowl add the fruit mixture to the oil and sugar and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Pour into 9X13 inch greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Frost with a butter cream frosting or with a cream cheese frosting. (Which is the one I recommend.).
We thought it tasted like grandmas spice cake , yummy, want to try it with her sauce, lemon.