Recipe by KarenT
This is a great easy recipe from a cookbook called "No Salt No Sugar No Fat." I haven't tried this yet but it sounds yummy.
Top Review by rdelgado
Started making this almost 40 yrs. ago, but lost my No Salt No Sugar Cookbook. It's a wonderful recipe that you will make all summer long. Don't wait another day! You can use your favorite fruits. It's a great way to use leftover fruit salad before it gets mushy. Add a few mint leaves and a dollop of crème fraiche for a special dessert. Also experiment with different frozen juice concentrates, orange, pineapple etc.
- 3 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 2 1⁄2 cups water (divided)
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice (other juices may be substituted)
- 3 cups fresh fruit (melons, oranges, nectarines, peaches, grapes, strawberries and bananas are good choices but use what)
- of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tapioca and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add orange juice and mix until well blended.
- Add remaining water.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Cut fruit into bite-sized pieces and add to chilled soup.
- Serve in well-chilled mugs and garnish with fresh mint if available.
- Cooking time is chilling time.