Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a traditional part of our Christmas breakfast. It is refreshing, but very sweet. It is made the day before and the bananas are added just before serving.
- 3 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice, thawed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced peaches in juice, undrained
- 10 ounces frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- Combine tapioca, sugar an dwater and let stand 5 minutes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then add all ingredients except for bananas.
- Refrigerate and let flavors blend several hours (or overnight). Add bananas just before serving.
I had to cook longer than five minutes. I also let the tapioca stand in the cold water for 5 minutes before I added the sugar. I cooked on low for almost 10 minutes and stirred often. I cooled and then added the rest of the ingredients. I dipped banana slices in lemon juice before adding. This was very refreshing, creaming and good!!! A nice kid pleaser. Thanks for posting.