Recipe by ktdid
This is a traditional part of our Christmas breakfast. It is refreshing, but very sweet. It is made the day before and the bananas are added just before serving.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I had to cook longer than five minutes. I also let the tapioca stand in the cold water for 5 minutes before I added the sugar. I cooked on low for almost 10 minutes and stirred often. I cooled and then added the rest of the ingredients. I dipped banana slices in lemon juice before adding. This was very refreshing, creaming and good!!! A nice kid pleaser. Thanks for posting.
- 3 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice, thawed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced peaches in juice, undrained
- 10 ounces frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tapioca, sugar an dwater and let stand 5 minutes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then add all ingredients except for bananas.
- Refrigerate and let flavors blend several hours (or overnight). Add bananas just before serving.