Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have Chrones disease and was having trouble eating fresh fruits, so I whipped up this smoothy from ingrediants I had available and enjoyed it so much I thought I'd share it. Hope y'all enjoy!!!!
- 1 banana (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries (washed)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh strawberries (washed and cut into small chunks)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 ice cubes (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ (optional)
- 1 sprig mint, for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingrediants to blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds on liquify or blend speed.
- Pour into stemmed or fluted glass.
- Garnish with mint.
yummy mix of yummy stuff ;)...i used a chocolate soy yogurt...and liked the results...mr. free-free and i split one as a "leeeetle" dessert after a salad dinner...nice...easy to throw together and good for the summer...want to make for breakie for mr free-free on summer days...'stead of winter oatmeals...:)-thanks for the recipe share...
This a very nice smoothie! I used a little milk instead of the yogurt and enjoyed the nuttiness that the wheat germ gave. This smoothie has a great fruit flavor - thanks for sharing the recipe!
I didn't have fresh fruit available for this smoothie so used frozen blueberries & strawberries! I also used about a cup of OJ to help with the blending of this smoothie & left out the ice! You have a recipe here for a very nice tasting smoothie ~ Many thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]