Recipe by Sydney Mike
Since becoming intrigued with smoothies, this recipe caught my eye! It comes from Kraft Foods & makes a tasty little dessert square! Preparation time DOES NOT INCLUDE time needed to firm up in refrigerator.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A delicious and oh so easy to make cheesecake which could be made with whatever berries you most fancy or that are looking good! I'm not at all sure that I can buy Cool Whip here, so I used 1/4 low-fat sour cream and 3/4 low-fat Philadelphia cheese, which worked fine. I used Granita biscuits for the crust together with a handful of sunflower seeds (I like the extra crunch!) and omitted the sugar, and reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup in the filling (personal taste preferences). On this occasion, I used raspberries (as we love them; love their tartness). If you're making this, it really is essential to thoroughly drain the juice from the berries. I saved it to use in a smoothie. Great recipe, Sydney. Thank you for sharing it. Made for Gimme 5.
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
FOR THE FILLING
- 4 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen mixed berries, thawed, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite, thawed, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE CRUST: Line 13"x9" baking dish with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan [to be used as handles].
- Mix graham crumbs, butter & 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- FOR THE FILLING: In large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, beat cheese & 1/2 cup sugar until well blended.
- In another bowl, smash drained berries with fork.
- Stir berries into cheese mixture.
- Gently stir in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Spoon over crust.
- Cover & refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Use foil handles to remove cheesecake from pan before cutting into pieces to serve.
- Top each piece with dollops of remaining whipped topping.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.