Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another kid pleaser, but we big kids like this too.
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 large ripe bananas, sliced or 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries (fresh "or" frozen dry-pack) or 1 1⁄2 cups drained canned peaches
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 ice cubes
- Combine orange juice concentrate, banana (or your choice of fruit), skim milk, water and honey in the container of electric blender.
- Cover and whirl at high speed until thick and smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add ice cubes one at a time and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Garnish with a whole strawberry or cherry; serve.
This was fantastic. I made this for me and my gang after we spent the day outside in the hot sun. I used strawberries. It was so refreshing. Kids and adults both loved it. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing this.
Maybe my orange concentrate was too sweet, but even without adding honey, this smoothie was a tad too sweet for my tastebuds. I used a banana as my fruit, and the orange-banana combination did go really well together. I suppose I could try this with a lesser amount of concentrate next time.