Prep 576 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was contributed from a woman in Missouri to The Saturday Evening Post Family Cookbook. She likes to offer it to guests as a substitute for soft drinks and junk food.
- 7⁄8 cup honey
- 1 7⁄8 cups hot water
- 1 1⁄2 quarts orange juice
- 6 ripe bananas, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- In a large bowl combine honey with the hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Allow to cool then add all the other ingredients and place in your freezer.
- Remove and stir after 4 hours, then return to freezer.
- Stir every few hours thereafter for the next 24 hours, or until all the "slush" has been eaten.
I made this recipe exactly as written. This was simply FANTASTIC! We have been experiencing 100+ temps the last week- We had a BBQ this past weekend and this recipe appealed to me because it was not packed full of sugar. My only regret is that I did not make more of it! The adults and children loved it equally. It was so flavorful, refreshing and not too sweet. The flavor combination was spot on. We are having a big Memorial Day BBQ and I have already made arrangements to make up the recipe and store it in a couple of friends freezers for them to bring to the BBQ. This is the 3rd recipe that I have made from SimpleMom that has been a home run!